About Me

My photo
Welcome to my beauty blog, and you will find a lot of beauty sharings here. As a shopaholic and a skincare maniac, I always like to try new things in market. And the most important thing is I just share what I had tried for at least a month to get most trustworthy testimonial. Besides, as a cosmetic analyst, I'll share with you more interesting facts behind these bottles and jars. Feel free to drop by here and I am looking forward to approaching you soon.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Product Comment:Origins Dr Weil's Mega Mushroom Face Serum




I bought this face serum after trying out the sample given by an Origins beauty advisor as I purchased the Origins whitening range, Light Years Ahead (Now they changed the name to Brighter by Nature).

Loaded with generous amount of hydrating ingredients such as squalane, glycerin, yeast extract, sucrose (sugar), mushroom extracts (reishi & cordycerps), sodium hyaluronate, algae extract and Saccharomyces lysate extract, this face serum is expected to help heal damaged skin. It is packed with calming chamomile flower water and lavender essential oil, and enhanced with moisturizing plant oils such as olive oil, meadowfoam oil & argan oil.

This serum is a light birch-color fluid with pleasant essential oil aroma. When I applied it on my skin after thorough cleansing and toning, my skin felt slightly greasy, unless I slept in an air conditioned room. After a few months of usage, my skin texture was hydrated. I can say that this face serum really works, the only bad thing is this serum is slightly greasy. I hope the formulation could be improved.

Ingredients:
Water; anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water, squalane, glycerin, yeast extract, butylene glycol, caprylic/capric/ myristic/stearic triglyceride, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated lecithin, sucrose, hypsizygus ulmarius mycelium extract, ganoderma lucidum (reishi mushroom) extract, cordyceps sinensis (mushroom) extract, zingiber officinale (giner) root extract, ocimum sanctum (holy basil) leaf extract, curuma longa (tumeric) root extract, polygonum cuspidatum root extract, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, citrus reticulata (mandarin orange) peel oil, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil, boswellia carterii (olibanum) oil, limonene, linalool, citronellol, geraniol, sigesbackia orientalis (st. paul's wort) extract, mimosa tenuiflora bark extract, algae extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, sodium stearoyl glutamate, maltodextrin, aminoguanidine hcl, adenosine phosphate, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, xanthan gum, polysorbate 20, sodium citrate, sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol organic essential oils: mandarin 0.024%, orange 0.048%, lavender 0.012%, patchouli 0.012%, geranium 0.012%

philosophy

No comments: