About Me

My photo
Welcome to my beauty blog, and you will find a lot of beauty sharings here. As a shopaholic and a skincare maniac, I always like to try new things in market. And the most important thing is I just share what I had tried for at least a month to get most trustworthy testimonial. Besides, as a cosmetic analyst, I'll share with you more interesting facts behind these bottles and jars. Feel free to drop by here and I am looking forward to approaching you soon.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Product Comment:Suncoat Water-based Nail Polish



I was introduced to Suncoat by a Chinese lady, the founder is her relatives. Therefore, to fulfill my curiosity, i browsed internet to look for Suncoat on that day. To be honest, initially i suspected whether it was pseudo-natural (so-called-natural-but-not-at-all products). Without phthalate, how could they make nail polish?

Phthalate has been proven by research studies to interfere with normal hormone balance, can cause severe birth defects and other health problems. Phthalate is a very effective and popular plasticizer that gives nail polish flexibility, and helps prevent polish from cracking. Phthalate is also a very low volatile chemical (meaning will not evaporate quickly). So after the polish is applied to nails, phthalate will stay on the nails with the polish, and can penetrate into our system, causing health problems such as gene mutation, reduce sperm count, carcinogenic.

I'm inspired by what founder concern about her seven-year old daughter back to 2001 when this little girl showed an interest in nail polish which contains toxic chemicals such as toluene, formaldehyde releasing ingredients, acetates, phthalate, alcohol etc. As a chemist, she knew how much potential damage these toxic chemicals could do to her. Since then she decided to develop water-based nail polish and this project was financially support by National Research Council of Canada.

I'd bought clear top nail polish just to make my nail look glossy, it does look natural. Since i seldom use conventional nail polish, I could hardly tell whether it lasts long. To me, it is worth to try because it is not really that expensive.

ingredients: Aqua, acrylate copolymer / styrene-acrylate copolymer, propylene glycol, n-butyl ether, dipropylene glycol dibenzoate
Pigments/colorant: may contain [+/-] mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ferric ferrocyanide, iron oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), chromium oxide (CI 77288), carmine (CI 75470)

For more information and order online, you could refer to Suncoat official website. http://www.suncoatproducts.com/index.htm


philosophy

No comments: