About Me

My photo
Welcome to my beauty blog, and you will find a lot of beauty sharings here. As a shopaholic and a skincare maniac, I always like to try new things in market. And the most important thing is I just share what I had tried for at least a month to get most trustworthy testimonial. Besides, as a cosmetic analyst, I'll share with you more interesting facts behind these bottles and jars. Feel free to drop by here and I am looking forward to approaching you soon.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Beauty info:Special about Halloycite Clay compared to Kaolin


Kaolin is a common ingredient in cosmetic products, for an instance, almost all deep cleansing mask using kaolin as extracting medium to draw out dirt & impurities to achieve purification and detox purposes.

When you observe kaolin via microscope, you could found out kaolin has a crystal system with triclinic structure shown below.

However, halloysite clay naturally occurs as small cylinders which average 30 nm in diameter with lengths between 0.5 and 10 micrometres. With this unique structure, halloycite clay could act as an absorbent to extract dirt efficiently than kaolin do. It also explains why Living Nature deep cleansing mask could perform better than other brands in the market.

philosophy

No comments: